Your search in Colorado produced 4 result(s):
Broadacres Ranch is a pristine 900-acre Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge at the headwaters of the Rio Grande River. We offer an incredible view of the Southern San Juan Mountains, great guides, and the personal attention necessary for a wonderful angling vacation. With various waters available, you can spend your day in tailwater, diverse pockets, meadow freestone, or stillwater private fisheries. Broadacres Ranch is an ideal destination for your angling group.
Laramie River Ranch
Have you found a place where your whole family can enjoy the adventures they love? Horseback riding, fly fishing, spin casting, hiking, a kids' program and more await in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.
The Laramie River Dude Ranch has fly fishing and spin-casting opportunities for anglers of all abilities. Guests have private access to over two miles of the Big Laramie River and a mile of LaGarde Creek. There is also public fishing access to the Hohnholz Lakes nearby.
If you're a fisherman looking for some excellent fishing in an environment where the whole family has lots to do, we hope you will consider the Laramie River Dude Ranch.
North Fork Ranch & Fishing Lodge
If fly fishing is your passion, you'll find it all right here. Professional guide services with over 20 years experience will share their knowledge and secretes of the river ensuring a day you won't soon forget. North Fork Ranch boasts over a mile of Dwight D. Eisenhower's favorite trophy trout fishing river, the North Fork of the South Platte. Fish in the president's footprints for large rainbow and brown trout as well as the tenacious steelhead or brook trout. The river is fly-fishing only, catch and release with barbless hooks. Extraordinary rainbow trout will taunt you. Retreat inside our log lodge for a hot lunch! Get ready for a day filled with excitement, laughter, great fish tales & memories you will not soon forget!
Rawah Ranch Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge
Perched in the Colorado Rockies at 8,400 feet, “Rawah” derives from the Ute Indian word for “abundance”.
Named for the rugged and majestic snow-capped mountains that rise above it and the untouched wilderness that surrounds it, Northern Colorado’s Historic Rawah Ranch is a Orvis Endorsed Colorado Fly fishing Lodge located in one of the west’s most scenic and unspoiled valleys in North America. Experience world class fly fishing over wild trout on endless private waters including our own 2 mile stretch of the Big Laramie River. Bring out your inner cowboy or cowgirl on a backcountry horseback ride over mountain passes or through boundless groves of aspen. Enjoy a relaxing and beautiful Hike through high alpine meadows, observe the abundant wildlife or just relax on the porch…. your choice.
Welcome to the celebrated American Legacy we call home…Rawah Ranch.
Pat & Melanie Timmins
Fly Fishing in Colorado
Colorado is home to 6,000 miles of stream and more than 2,000 lakes and reservoirs. With around 35 species of warm and cold water fish, it is an anglers paradise.
The Colorado Division of Wildlife has awarded 168 miles of Gold Medal streams. These rivers are the best to catch trophies and are specially maintained to preserve the excellence. When planning a fly fishing trip to Colorado, there are many Gold Medal streams in various parts of the state to keep in mind.
Northeastern Colorado Fishing Rivers
- The North Delaney Butte is stocked only with brown trout fingerlings that are 18 to 20 inches in length.
- South Delaney Butte
- East Delaney Butte
- Flowing across the valley floor, the North Platte River provides some of the best brown, brook, and rainbow trout fishing in the state.
- The South Platte River, from Cheeseman Reservoir to Strontia Springs Reservoir, is one of the best streams for rainbow and brown trout in the country. Along with providing anglers with fish of over 14 inches, it has beautiful scenery and nearby wildlife, such as bighorn sheep and a variety of birds soaring overhead.
- The South Platte River in South Park has big sized rainbow and cutthroat trout.
- At the Spinney Mountain Reservoir, anglers have the possibility of catching rainbow trout over 16 inches and large browns and Snake River cutthroats as well.
Northwestern Colorado Fishing Rivers
- Located 60 miles west of Denver, the Blue River has huge rainbow and brown trout.
- Anglers can catch trophy trout up to 10 pounds in the Frying Pan River.
- Roaring Fork has the best mountain whitefish in Colorado.
- Steamboat Lake State Park is known for its quality rainbow trout.
Southwestern Colorado Fishing Rivers
- Brown and rainbow trout in the Animas River average 14 to 18 inches in length.
- The Gunnison River has many trophy rainbows and browns with fish over 16 inches in length.
- Rio Grande